Angelina Ballerina

Monday, April 30, 2007

meeting Katherine Holabird

I have been a fan of Katharine Holabird, the author of the Angelina Ballerina, since I received her first book as a gift when I was 5. Ever since then I have been hooked on the little dancing mouse. My mom still buys me every new book that comes out and we enjoy reading them together. This weekend I had the opportunity to meet Ms. Katharine in person at the Festival of Books. James and I got there 1.5 hours early just to make sure they wouldn't change the schedule on us at the last second. I had her sign 6 of my first edition books while James was my press photographer. It was a day I will never forget.

Katherine Holabird

Angelina Ballerina

3 Comments:

Blogger kwpershey said...

Aww- I wish we would have run into you! We never made it over to the Children's Books section, though we did check out the illustation gallery. Amazing stuff! So glad you finally met her.

4:14 PM  
Blogger Heather B. Warriner said...

YEAH! I'm so glad that this finally worked out for you! You look SO thrilled in that picture! :) Very cute! I can't wait to hear more about it.

11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the photos MAKE this post. you look so excited in the 1st pic. how exciting! you should knit an angelina ballerina...

12:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home