Easter Weekend

Monday, April 09, 2007

Happy Easter!

Our Easter weekend was a stressful blur. It started off early Friday morning when my dad and I left for the flower mart at 4am, in charge of purchasing $400 worth of flowers for the church flower guild. We barely made it to the church on time to drop off the 10 buckets of flowers before we had to turn around and pick up my mom in Beverly Hills. That was a whole other story that I don't want to get into, but I can say she is at home and doing great. The rest of the weekend was a complete blur and I don't remember much from it, other than I made these Easter eggs. I tried out Martha Stewart's technique of wrapping the egg in an old silk tie (I used an old silk scarf my mom was throwing out) and I boiled the egg with a little vinegar in the water. Didn't it turn out so pretty? The pattern 100% transfered to the egg. I will definitely do more of these eggs next year!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Heather B. Warriner said...

What FUN eggs! I love that flowery patterned one! Good ol' Martha Stewart! How does she discover these things?!

2:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how do you suppose someone came up with the silk technique by the way? some sort of catastrophe gone right maybe? im glad you're mom is doing well, cant wait to hear the details!

4:52 PM  
Blogger Queen Amy said...

Very nice dye job.

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home